Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Invitation to join a Mars Mission Simulation

I just received an email from Artemis Westenberg who is the Mission Director for the Mars Society's Mars Analog Research Stations confirming me as a crew member on the 88th mission to the Mars Desert Research Station (MDRS). The mission will be from the 9th to the 23rd of January 2010. A big thank you to Brian Shiro for the introductions and recommendation. Brian will be Commander of the 89th mission to MDRS and we will be handing over the Hab to him and his crew on the 23rd of January. This summer Brian was a crew member of the very successful 12th mission to the Flashline Mars Arctic Research Station (FMARS) in Devon Island, Canada. He documented the mission in his blog site "Astronaut For Hire". I followed his mission closely and it was the inspiration that propmpted me to apply to be a crew member for the upcoming research season.

Naturally I am very excited and feel very privilaged to have been selected as a crew member of MDRS-88. I set up this blog to document the mission for my friends and family.

No comments: