Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Mars Underground

Last night after I had signed the Humans to Mars petition at http://www.humanstomars.org/ I ended up watching the attached video segment titled "Mars Underground". Later I realized that it was part five of a TV show called "Mars Underground" that was aired on Discovery Science in 2007 and now posted on YouTube. I watched the whole show and thoroughly enjoyed it. I have read Dr. Zubrin's book "The Case for Mars - The Plan to settle the Red Planet and Why We Must" (ISBN 0-684-82757-3, 1996) and this TV show is a good summary on how we can mount our first missions to Mars and eventually colonize it and terraform it to be a suitable planet for humans. Total time of 45 minutes. It's a must see!

Part 1 of 5


Part 2 of 5


Part 3 of 5


Part 4 of 5


Part 5 of 5


I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. The Mars Desert Research Station (MDRS) is modelled after the Mars "Hab" depicted in the TV show.

1 comment:

Paul said...

As someone who has worked very closely, you should take a look elsewhere. Robert has a great ability to inspire masses, and his incompetence and boundless ego create an even greater ability to drive those who work with him away. I personally have decided to actually make a difference, and have thrown my hat in with a mission that will actually fly to the Moon and beyond. www.openluna.org.